Introducing Bike Auckland...
The non profit organisation working for a better city for people on bikes.
- Bike Auckland is Bike the Bridge’s official charity partner
- Please add a donation during the online entry process or consider setting up a Givealittle Fundraising page to support Bike Auckland.
- To learn more about Bike Auckland’s work and how you can get involved, click here.
Why Support Bike Auckland?
Once a year we bike over the bridge… and the other 364 days, we ride everywhere else. More of us than ever are out there, enjoying Auckland’s growing network of cycleways, biking to work, school, shops, cafes, parks, sports – and loving it.
This year, funds from Bike the Bridge are benefiting Bike Auckland, the non-profit that works for a better city for people on bikes.
For two decades, from its origins as Cycle Action Auckland, Bike Auckland has been behind every win on the ground for Aucklanders on bikes. Their inspired advocacy brought you the beloved pink path (Te Ara i Whiti/ Lightpath). They fought for – and won – the new Waterview Shared Paths, and they helped nurture Skypath from a dream into a practical reality.
There’s much more to come, and much more to do – which is why they need your support to keep up the momentum and keep winning on behalf of Aucklanders on bikes.
Bike Auckland speaks up for you:
- Advocates for safe streets and connected cycleways so you feel confident riding
- Activates the community by hosting events, bike rides, tours, and fueling stations
- Advises agencies on best-practice bike-friendly design
By steering Auckland towards safer streets and a more holistic and efficient approach to transport planning, they’re dedicated to making everyday cycling a natural and appealing choice for Aucklanders of all ages.
Ride for Bike Auckland
Please consider donating to Bike Auckland during the online entry process when you register for Bike the Bridge. You may also like to contribute to us through our website. This year we are also asking if people will consider setting up their own Givealittle fundraising page and get your friends, family or colleagues to sponsor your ride!